Rustic Retreat Lodge LLC trophy Maine moose hunts are a hunt of a lifetime where our clients can expect quality service, and we know how to fulfill this coveted once-in-a-lifetime hunt.
Maine is lucky enough to be one of the few states to have an abundant moose population. Maine state biologists estimate the Maine moose population to be around 75,000. This is the largest concentration of moose in the country besides Alaska. No wonder Maine is now one of the top moose-hunting destinations in the United States. A mature bull moose can weigh in around 1,000 pounds or more, and their antlers can span an average of 6’.
Rustic Retreat Lodge LLC is fortunate to be located on the edge of Zones 6 & 3 in Aroostook County, some of the highest populated moose areas in the State of Maine.
Enter the Maine Moose Hunting Lottery to have a chance at one of the most sought-after hunts in the United States and let Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC be your choice of guiding you on this hunt!!
Maine Moose Lottery Information
Please feel free to call Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC if you need assistance in picking your zones or help with any Maine Moose Lottery Information
-You are eligible to apply for the Maine Moose Lottery if:
You are eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License, or will be eligible to obtain a Maine Big Game Hunting License by the opening day of the Maine Moose Hunting Season
-No person may submit more than one application. Any person submitting more than one application will be disqualified.
Let Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC be your choice of guiding you on this amazing hunt!!
Maine Moose Hunting License Information
Applications must be in by May 15, 2023
Paper applications must be sent to:
Moose Permit Application
Maine Dept of Inland & Fisheries Wildlife
284 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333-0041
- Maine residents may by one chance for $15.00
Non Maine residents can purchase the following:
One chance for $15.00 (or bonus point, see DIFW link above for information)
Three chances for $25.00
Six chances for $35.00
Ten chances for $55.00
Non Maine residents may also purchase multiple of ten chances for $55.00 each.
** Nonresidents may purchase multiples of 10 chances at $55.00 each.
Example: 5 multiples of 10 chances would cost $275.00 (5 x $55.00 = $275.00)
- If selected for a Maine Moose Hunting Permit, residents and non-Maine residents must pay a Moose permit fee of:
- $52.00 Maine resident
- $585.00 Non Maine resident / Non resident big game license also apply $114.00
Winners of the Maine Moose hunting lottery have over 21,000 square miles of territory to hunt. However, the area is broken down into Wildlife Management Districts, otherwise known as WMD’s, with specified moose hunting dates.
The Moose lottery drawing will take place June 10, 2023 in Augusta, Maine. The state issued under 4,000 permits in 2021. More than 3,600 went to Maine residents, which is about one permit for every 13 applicants. 321 permits went to non-residents, which is about one permit for every 73 applicants. We wish everyone the best of luck in the lottery drawing!!
2023 Maine Moose Season
For the Maine moose season, permit holders will be able to hunt (Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC Guides in the WMD’s that are in bold/italic:
September 25th – September 30th 2023 in WMD’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, and 19
October 9th – October 14th 2023 in WMD’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 27, and 28
October 23th- October 28st 2023 in WMD’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8.
The zones we hunt have the following break down for permits:
Zone 2 (Total 525 Permits )
Bull Week 1 – 175 Permits
Bull Week 2 – 175 Permits
Cow Week – 175 Permits
Zone 3 (Total 325 Permits):
Bull Week 1 – 100 Permits
Bull Week 2 – 100 Permits
Cow Week – 125 Permits
Zone 5 (Total 375 Permits):
Bull Week 1 – 125 Permits
Bull Week 2 – 125 Permits
Cow Week – 125 Permits
Zone 6 (Total 260 Permits):
Bull Week 1 – 100 Permits
Bull Week 2 – 100 Permits
Cow Week – 60 Permits
Complete Wildlife Management District maps (WMD maps) are available by way of links on the Moose Hunting Permits page of the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife website (link above).
Northern Maine offers a three-part Moose hunting season:
- The first season is late September when the moose rut is just beginning and the bulls will start responding to calling. This is a very exciting way to hunt our majestic Maine Moose.
- The second season is early October when the colors of fall are at their peak and the Maine Moose rut is winding down. Trophy bulls will still respond to calling and they are in a heavy feeding pattern to regain the weight they lost during the rut.
- The third season is later in October this year when our Maine Moose are back into their feeding areas and calling will not be used as often as in the first and second seasons. Spot and stalk hunts are the ideal way at this time to harvest a trophy Maine Moose.
Prior to your Maine Moose hunting season, Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC puts in numerous hours of scouting to ensure our clients have an opportunity at a trophy Moose hunt of lifetime.
Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC is equipped with the tools and knowledge to get your trophy Maine Moose out of the Northern Maine woods and to a quality processing facility quickly and efficiently. We make our living being Professional Maine Guides, fishing, hunting, canoeing, snowmobiling we are in the woods of Northern Maine everyday!
Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC offers Trophy Maine Moose Hunts from our lodge for WMD Districts 2, 3, 5, and 6.
Here at Rustic Retreat Lodge, LLC, we are committed that our clients have an adventure of their lifetime and experience Northern Maine the way it should be.
Licensing – Moose Facts
Moose Hunt Pricing:
Moose Season 2023
We cover Zones 2, 3, 5 & 6:
Bull week #1 Sept 25 – September 30, 2023 (Peak Rut)
Bull week #2 Oct 9 – Oct 14, 2023 (Post Peak Rut)
Cow week Oct 22 – Oct 28, 2023
Bull moose hunts $ 6300 per permit holder(hunter) & sub per permit holder (plus tax)
Cow moose hunts $4500 per permit holder(hunter) and sub permit holder (plus tax)
Non-hunting guests $1000 per person (plus tax)
Non-hunting observer $1300 per person (plus tax)
Pick up from Presque Isle Airport $150 (covers round trip)
**Pricing subject to change without notice**
A 50% Deposit at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Balance due 30 days before the hunt.
ALL HUNTS Cancellation Policy:
Reservation Deposit made are NON-REFUNDABLE
Fall Hunts and accommodations are NON-REFUNDABLE
Moose Hunt What’s Included:
- Professional Guide knowledgeable of your zone and moose behavior
- First Class Accommodations from Sunday to Sunday
- Bed linens & Bathroom linens
- All transportation during your hunt
- Home-cooked meals (Sunday evening to Sunday morning)
- Range to site in your weapon of choice
- Retrieval of you moose (we quarter in the field)
- Transportation to processer, tagging station & taxidermist
- Wash/Dryer for personal use
- Ample secure parking for trucks and trailers
**Any Gate Fees into Norther Maine Woods ($15 non-resident per day and $11 per day for resident of Maine)**
What is NOT included:
- Gratuities (15-20% is customary)
- Meat Processing Fees
- Taxidermy Fees
What you should bring:
- Thermal Cell (highly recommended)
- Comfortable footwear (hunting boots and tall waterproof boots)
- Sent blocker hunting gear
- Blaze orange (in conjunction with hunting laws)
- A mixture of layers depending on the weather here in Maine
- Extra ammo or arrows & hunting tips
- Hunting License
- Spare glasses/contracts if you have them
- Hat and gloves (weather dependent)